Monday 16 July 2012

memorys

one of my earliest memory's is learning how to dig a garden over when i was a little girl! i spent hours playing in my cousins back garden,at the time we lived in a flat.So every spare minute was spent at aunty  Blanche and uncle Tommy's house with my wonderful bossy cousin Janet!! Wed spend hours in the  garden  digging  and watching my uncle Tommy plant,its left me with a lifelong love of growing food and of flowers,I  long for a garden like my uncles,an apple tree in the back which wed dream of building a tree house in,though it was to thin  to do anything with!!veg galore  where wed spend hours  picking caterpillars off cabbages and steal  fresh young pea pods!! But it was the front garden i adored,my aunty  showing me all the flowers and naming them one by one for me.London pride ,Tiger Lilly's,pinks which she seemed to love the best  huge lupins as you walked into the gate something Ive always longed to grow but can never seem too!
MY YOUNG MOTHER WITH MY UNCLE TOMMY
Every time i plant a seed or  touch the soil i am transported  back to a time where i didn't have a care in the world, life was all about  playing games, our club house, spending hours practising  performances which my aunty would let us put on in the dining room behind big heavy curtains which hung to keep out the draught!!Painting exhibitions held in my cousins bedroom which wed charge money to  anyone we could drag up to look!  Its not until y our older and start to look back on your life that you realise what an influence certain people had on shaping you as a person, i was so lucky and so was my brother to have an aunty and uncle who we spent so much time with.My mum worked so we were packed off to 49 Kendal gardens   at lunch time rather than stay at school  for grotty dinners and i spent a lot of weekends there!! i know now how truly blessed we were !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover