Sunday 1 June 2014

RANT!

OMG!!!! not long to go before i can buy a decent camera!!!I'm so fed up with grainy out of focus images taken by a huge tablet!!! My life's so busy at the moment  even though i choose to leave my early morning job.....i felt as if i was working  and sleeping and was too tired in between to do anything else!!!

Note the grainy awful image above!!I mean what on earth can i do with this tablet!!!!!Its brilliant for sitting in bed under the covers watching the amazing Charles Trippey and all the members of WE THE KINGS!!!!  i love following  vlogs!! especially Charles and co, also Essiebutton and the king of vlogs Shay Carl and family!!! But as for Photos!!
I cant even take a decent selfie!!! It reminds me of the 1070s  yes I'm that old, when half your photos came back from the chemist with thumbs covering the best part of the family party pics!!! My thumb gets in the way!!!!


Perfect pictures spoilt forever!!!!I loved my first  grown up camera!! It was a Fujika xl if my memory's right which it wont be!! It was a fujika with a built in light meter!!So much better than the old Kodak that my dad gave me when i was 16.........The same camera i hunted for all my life when i started to collect vintage cameras and albums! Yes i collect  or used to collect vintage everything to do with photography in the days when you could pick up Victorian albums for 50p!!!at jumble sales and junk shops!!! Not any more ....Though I'm still known to buy the odd old photo from the flea market i just cant help myself!





I have a large collecting of photographs  albums and cameras. One camera  that i was giving in the 1980s by a gentleman who had it in the trenches and kept his socks dry inside of it...a beautiful example of a box camera that still looks new today.I was very lucky to have been taught by the  great Irene Reddish an artist photographer illustrator and all round genius with imagery....she also taught my best friend Babs and my little boy of five Thomas who was the youngest person in the UK to be awarded a Northern Arts grant to exhibit his work!!! The memory's of the dark room!!!The smells of the chemicals and the pure magic of the process !!!I so miss my darkroom .Even though i like a good digital   camera nothing will replace the darkroom to  me!! Thomas is now a grown man with a thriving business  and also a great photographer and artist......thanks Reddish xxx

I wrote about my bag being stolen  my camera  my phone everything  gone!!! I loved the little camera on my phone , it took really nice pics and i could edit them using an app that was part of the phone .....as above!! Hopefully I'm able to replace  everything  very soon!!!   x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover