Friday 10 June 2016

my little garden ladybirds and cabbage whites.....


Every morning before i do anything i check on my little patch of garden which is really a backyard! 


  fuss about like a mother  checking my babies making sure everything is OK!!!

These are apricot stones....Ive tried to sprout avocado stones with no results   I'm going to try planting these...has anyone any tips  on how to grow avocados!!!

Potato's in bags!!!and buckets


My greenhouse is fine....

Hello  Mr Gargoyle!!!!


Thank you sue for the lambs wool for my pumpkins x

everything re potted....
 My kale has done really well and its great to add to my smoothies!!
 Everything looks good!!!

 Until this caught my eye!!!!!the dreaded cabbage white butterfly!!!now don't get me wrong i love butterfly's and all pollinators BUT  my little garden was destroyed a few years ago by these little pests!


I checked first to see if they were ladybird eggs!!!now i would have been more than happy to share my plants with them ....


But no  they were caterpillars!!!the only thing they'd laid on was a nasturtium plant which i have lots of as i read that insects hate them and its best to have lots of them about  to ward off unwelcome visitors!!!well that didn't work!!!!.........the only other thing I've had bother with was this!!!below on my pea plants
http://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/leafminer-control/    leaf miner beetle   sue has them too!!in her yard...these are great sites to help with identifying bugs ,,,,

http://www.insectsofscotland.com/p/ladybirds.html      any tips id be grateful for folks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover