Saturday 2 July 2016

So glad i found you...a walk down memory lane x

Today i found my long lost friend...well when i say long lost  its really just a year and a half since we spoke! But i was panicking as i had lost her number  when my phone went down!!!and just couldn't get in touch!!I live in Teeside and she lives in my home town Newcastle!!!


This is Pat!  The Pat i always remember  we first met in 1976!!!and have remained close friends from then until a year and a half ago!!!

These photos were taken in the 80s!! It was amazing to hear her voice and catch up on life!!we laughed and gossipped for over an hour....


Pat  the Bolan fan!!!Pat who loved Debbie Harry and cats!!!Who adored her mum and dad   and siblings we have been through so much together over the years!!
Everything came flooding back!!our keep fit days  with the girls!! This is Varnar one of our girls!!


Varnar the model lol!!!happy days!!


My Best friend Babs and i were photography mad and  made one of her small bedrooms into a tiny studio....we were crazy  about Julia Margaret Cameron among many other great photographers!!! and went through our Julia stage!!!!

We both went every where with our cameras and set up a darkroom in my huge flat   that's where we  got hooked on taking photos! That's me above!! 30 year ago!!!



Babs with  her camera   i had a Fujika  and I'm sure she had a cannon!

No one was safe!!!!This is  Debbie  taken on a glorious summers day in  a Field near where i lived!


 some pictures were posed and some i snapped  and captured  a fleeting moment in time this is my sis Joanne

Thomas my first born posing for a book cover with me!!!.....i snapped this between sessions taken by  the wonderful talented Irene Reddish...


My amazing friend Irene who went on to teach Thomas from six year old  darkroom skills  he was the first child in the  UK to get a Northern Arts grant and went on to have exhibitions that travelled around the UK  he has grown to be a hugely talented photographer and designer!! Irene is  a photographer artist and singer...
I remember endless trips to the park with my beautiful greyhounds....

Thomas must be one of the most photographed boys in the UK !!!

Snapped outside a church!!!!after a jumble sale !!such memories!!!
You see Pat talking to you  makes me relive all the amazing times we shared!!!

My workshops at the Buddle Art centre!!my lovely kids i grew so close to!!  Mask workshop!!!

THIS ONES FOR YOU PAT!!!!!!  The lovely buddle cleaners and Dave!!!!


The WILLO women and all the exciting things we done in our community!!Me  and Sonia with Barney!!!outside the wooden tents!!! on our Willo Bridge girls weekend away!!!What a hoot!!!!!


The willo  girls  Helen Nancy Jackie Sonia  and Debbie.....  Anne Jo and Karen are missing.....with a cat!!!We also founded the  Wallsend cat protection league as it was called then I'm still in contact with the group that's still going strong!!

What wonderful memories we shared Pat..
 Me and Paul at a Marc Bolan party!!!!!




i feel so blessed to have done such amazing things in my life and met such amazing women....i gave pat my blog info so she could catch up on whats been going on in my life!!!we are meeting up soon and I'm so excited!!!love you pat and will see you soon xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover