Friday 15 January 2016

My Ballerina....

 It seems like yesterday, the memories imprinted into my brain......my little girl  the ballerina. She won so many medals.....i still have them wrapped in tissue  hidden  away, her outfits were vast little chiffon creations i used to make myself. Every week we would make the trip to ballet  and tap lessons ,i loved to watch her dance.I helped in every performance  and joined in with the excitement i was living my dream....my secret ambition!!!!Then  one day we had to buy new ballet and tap shoes  a big expense  when you have little money.About the same time my girl developed  foot problems and didn't go to dance for weeks...weeks turned to months and the new shoes  lay under her bed.....she didn't want to go back ..i was sad! its only in recent years she told me she hated it!!i was so shocked!! Shed went because she knew i loved it  as little as she was ...typical of my girl..I'm wondering if my granddaughters want to be ballerinas !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover