Wednesday 12 December 2012

OUR JANET......

Today for some reason is a day for reflection....maybe its something to do with aching bones and creaky joints   a slowness that seems to have taken hold...I'm getting old!! I think about Christmas past surrounded by loved ones that have past on...children who needed me and  just boundless love. Funny how  you never think things will change when your young!! Every thing is exciting new babies new relationships  friendships that will never end and most of all parents.......................
                                                                                                     
A faded photo in a tiny frame..two little girls posing on a mountain side in Wales. My first holiday ever my beloved Auntie Balance and Uncle  Tommy  took us  for a week in a caravan..Me my brother and their two youngest children..Robin and our Janet,  I  always referred to her as our !! She was  my cousin my best friend and we spent every minute of the day together..exploring the local farm on blackberry hill, we loved horses and art .We were mad on the secret seven and formed our own club spending hours planning and making our clubhouse cosy,,,my aunty's shed!! We spent endless summers  gardening and climbing trees...Janet was bossy, loud  full of fun and i loved her. Needless to say we grew up and married she became a nurse and had two beautiful girls. I went on to have my life and three children.....We stayed in touch through family and even though we were so close we drifted apart.Janet was forty when she lost her life to cancer...........When I'm really down  i always seem to drift back to our Janet, its as if shes there still scolding me for  being silly. I still see her yellow blond hair in pigtails...egging me on to get on with life no matter how hard it is. This year has been one of the hardest years for me having to deal with personal problems and  a lot of other things...my faith has got me through and  a memory of  a little girl sitting with me on a mountain side all those years ago.....how i would give anything to go back just for a minute to say how much i loved you...Merry Christmas  Janet and i love you xxx

2 comments:

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover