Monday 3 June 2013

Nancys garden x

 Sean Rosa and mam in her little front garden............
 My mam has green fingers that's for sure, Ive struggled for two year trying to get anything to grow in my garden...the weather has been terrible and last year all of my plants rotted  before they had a chance to bloom  Nancy's on the other hand flourish and her garden was a riot of colour...........................
She adores daisy's something shes passed on to me!!Things are just bursting into life.............
 This is an old clematis that blooms every year and when these beautiful flowers fade a new batch of deep purple ones appear....as shes planted two plants together.........................
 i don't know what these are but there so beautiful and remind me of Scottish thistle..............
Her stock are in full bloom and the smell is unbelievable I'm so looking forward to the garden progressing and seeing everything grow..her roses, we have an orange rose that was planted in memory of our wonderful dad that blooms every summer, her geraniums , her mothers favourite flower,,,various bulbs and Lilly's and so much more.I love flowers and gardening something passed down to me by my lovely Uncle Tommy who taught me and my cousin Janet to dig and plant veg and my aunt Blance who took me around her garden pointing and naming all her flowers...stock, carnations tiger Lilly's, lupins the wonderfully named love in the mist London pride the list is endless. Many a hot summers day i spent in there garden treasured memory's that have stayed in my heart all these years...happy happy days..........................i now marvel at my mothers garden.....green fingers must be in my genes somewhere!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover