Sunday 8 September 2013

A trip home,,,,,,,,,,

 off we set the sun shining and the sky an amazing azure blue peppered with clouds

 Poor Penny was left behind my trusty guard dog, she may be small but she has a heart of  a lion not to mention the miss conception of thinking shes a  rottweiler !!

 i started a book on the way to  my mams...Arther Millers life story ...amazing!
First stop was my sisters , who as Ive said before is the most amazing baker......look what was waiting!!!
 and this little bunch of tykes!!!


Rosa gives Fat Eric a hug.................


Maddox waiting for cake

me too!!!

 a welcome cup of tea!!!
 Hurry up grandma!!

 Maddox wants ginger cake...........

AT LAST!!!!!



 Rosa contemplating!!

 Millie
 sitting on the rocking chair which may be coming to live with me soon...hope  the amazing cushions come as well sis!!!

 My little man arrived  Cain x
 Dixie  showing me her tricks on the slide..............

 still cant believe the size of the garden!!!  its massive!!!
 off we went to see my mam and this little man was waiting my nieces son Felix who was having special time with his mam......
 me and my girl...................
 mams garden
 the weather behaved!!!

 singing his song for me bless him it was lovely having time with just him..................

 Tommy's 1920s red onion relish!!!
 we left everyone ....

 and headed for the place where my brother Tommy  said he found apples  raspberry's and tons  of  blackberry's!! were both into making jam and chutneys and tom is an expert forager!!!
 Past Segadunam............
 down the walkway...........
 over a bridge  looking down on Swan Hunters where my dad and his dad and so many of my family worked for years building ships...............

 Sadly its gone.............
 a few cranes left!!
 past the  roman baths...........
 i found this little fella sitting on a blackberry!!!!

my  brother Tommy  looking for apple trees!!!




 He found one and disappeared into  the undergrowth!!!
 But the most exciting part of the day was bumping into a dear dear friend who  i hadn't seen for  a few year!!!! My middle sons god mother and the woman who taught my eldest son photography skills leading to him having an exhibition of his work at ten!!! the youngest person ever to receive a Northern Arts grant!...a big influence on his creative life ..............
 amazing!!
 then back to mams for a cuppa!
 with  our lovely stash of free fruit....elderberry's for cordial  and apples to put in my onion relish........
 I'm so proud of my mother  and my brother Tommy   who have both stopped smoking  here's my mam showing off her electronic  cigarette!! She has smoked from being 13  so well done both of you!!
 it was a lovely day ...seeing family, bumping into a special  friend, having time with my mother ,being sung to by the wonderful Felix and playing with my babies....but walking with my brother past  the ship yards and reflecting on times gone by my dad and grandad who must have walked the same route to work all those years ago....being so close to the history of my amazing home town.......... soon it was goodbye.

 and we headed of to my adopted home for the last 17 year..............


 it was dark when we arrived home..
 and i peeped through the window  into my cosy  front room and realised that no matter what  things i face  how blessed i am to have the things i have and the people in my life who make everything worth while...............
off to the kitchen for a cuppa and to sit snug and warm watching TV for a while with my little family.it was a good day!   x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover