Thursday 30 August 2012

vintage albums and zombie girl !


Today i  got my craft stuff out



But i just  couldn't  feel inspired to do anything!

 In stead i pulled out one of my old albums.This one i bought in the  eighties from a junk shop in Wallsend.I was and still am a sucker for  old photographs though in the eighties i bought stuff for Penny's. Now they cost a fortune! This  cost about  fifty pence!


 I love this picture of Tynemouth open air pool circa 1900. I  remember  spending long hot summer days splashing about in here  with the family and its still going strong. though it houses a open air rock pool for the children to go  down with nets and to search for crabs!  I so wish they would turn it back to a pool  the fun we had  even  when  i was an adult and took my sisters there in the summer! happy memories!




Tynemouth beach........



I love this picture...its one of the girls of the family  at the lake district





and playing tennis......Its  full of a  tyneside family at the turn of the century having fun...on holiday, painting the yard  trips to the beach playing tennis baby's and children . I ofton wonder how it ended up in a junk shop...something so beautiful. Someones memory's, put together so carefully and with love...


My albums are  so precious to me along with  my vintage cameras!


 Rosa made a lovely tea yesterday......plus the huge salt tub!!!must get my lovely salt and pepper set out!



 THANK YOU HUN IT WAS  GORGEOUS!!





Talking of Rosa  her friend turned her into a zombie...what a pretty zombie she is!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover