Friday 24 April 2015

my lost negitives

 i found a pile of old negatives and was so excited to find  our Scottish holiday from all those years back....this is my first husband  who had passed his driving test only weeks before we set off!! him and my best friend Babs trying out the tent before we went. This was 30 year ago!!I look back with mixed emotions but what a happy time !


 I have a really bad memory but as each picture magically appeared on my screen the memories flooded back
to a time when i was young and full of hopes and dreams!

 Trying to put the tent up for the first time!!

 my youngest sister came along and my little dog Jemima

 I don't think me and my sister took it seriously judging by this pic!



I love the quality of the old negatives and apart from removing scratches i left them alone  it reminded me of all those years ago when i had a darkroom watching the images images develop on the screen apposed to a bath of chemicals!





My son enjoyed it so much it was his first holiday!


 We stopped at Kinross the next day to set up our tent my sis is a very talented artist



and  she never had a brush out of her hand in fact i still have the painting she did on that day and shall treasure it always.......

We stopped of somewhere looking for the Hermitage


I remember it being such a beautiful place...and we nearly lost my little dog!!




Heading for the car........

 We reached our destination the next day!!FINDHORN

 We spent an hour on the most beautiful beach


Taken photos that lay in a carrier bag for 30 year  !

 some were printed  but a lot  were left as at the time it was expensive to run a darkroom!


Not long after my hubby and i split up and went our separate ways always a painful time!

 He followed his life long dream and spent many years working  for findhorn in fact he still does!


A truly magical place.....he went on to remarry and is very happy as i am with my life......

But i ofton think about this wonderful holiday with immense fondness....



which now is enhanced  by the discovery of a bunch of old negatives  flung in a cupboard  many years ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover