Sunday 14 October 2012

night time ramblings.........


I suddenly sit up!what was that...did someone call my name? its four o clock in the morning and i creep out of bed,Rosa  breathing so slowly and rhythmically.....i tiptoe over to the window and peer out.Its cold.........The street light throws shadows on the bedroom wall..........


I creep out of the bedroom into the passage......the golden glow of outside lights  turn everything into gold


i stand at the huge window that looks out on to the street and remember.............remember the times Ive spent in this  house
i strain my ears and try to remember my dads voice, my wonderful daddy, who adored his grandchildren, the children who are now adults with children of their own.The adults who look after his wife, my mother.........

I stare out of the window remembering the happy times the sad times the marriages the births the party's the Christmas's,s


 The family tragedy's and  celebrations................



But most of all i remember the love , the love that  seeps from every crevice and every brick of this house..the love of two  wonderful parents who  have left us a legacy of love to every one of my amazing family what a gift!!



i shiver as i make my way back to bed..........

you were right Rachel when you said you felt someone touch you .it was my dad ... your grandad he was with me tonight .good night daddy till we meet again i love you and remember you every day of my life x

1 comment:

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover