Saturday 9 February 2013

Vanilla

Vanilla, when I think of Vanilla I think of, bland. Don't get me wrong  it tastes lovely, but it's just kind of sweet and plain and blah, it has no finesse, no interest to it. That's how I feel about life, like everyone's Vanilla, maybe I don't want to be Vanilla, hell maybe I'm not Vanilla, I think myself as mint chocolate chip, sweet, has a distinct flavour, and when you think it's all well and good, pop! There's a crunch of chocolate you didn't expect, it has depth, and any way can we stop with the food metaphors I'm getting hungry.
OK well. Maybe I don't want to conform to the bland everyday society, maybe I want to do something different, be different. 
That's probably why people refer to me as ''Oddball Olivia'' creative I know, I wonder what amazing brain thought of that. Just because I don't fit in this ridiculous jigsaw puzzle of life I get rejected and looked down upon like a freak, just because I'm eccentric and I dare to be eclectic, I get taunted and bullied. Just because I don't fit in this never ending loop of ''make-up and boys and partying make-up and boys and partying'' people don't talk to me. But I don't want your pity, I unashamedly bring this on my self, and I don't care, I wore a cape to the school dance, why? Because I want to, I practise in the Wiccan culture, why? Because I love nature and it's my choice, I own every Lord Of The Ring thing you can think of and despise most new age artists and like to listen to classical music, why? Because it's my life, my taste, my decisions not yours.
I don't want to live my life and be Vanilla, I don't want to live my life waking up, showering, brushing my teeth, getting ready, going to work, eat, watch TV and sleep until I retire, I want to pursue something I love, something zany and fun. And how is that bad? If I want and underwater wedding, I will have one, If I want to marry a Ryan Gosling look a like, I will, and If I want to name all my children after all the characters from the Happy Mondays, GUESS WHAT? I will! You know why? Because my name is Olivia and I'm mint chocolate chip, NOT Vanilla.


monologue  written by Rosa 

3 comments:

  1. WELL SAID HUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL !!!!! HUGS SUE XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. entered school, and now is about to go to work calmly and frankly. I know this is a big cheap wedding dresses challenge in our life, the role change. This addition to the strong resilience and optimistic attitude towards life, and more importantly thanks to the University of the accumulation of two years of study and

    ReplyDelete

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover