Saturday 26 January 2013

instagrams



I love inst grams  especially taken with such an awful camera phone as mine! They remind me of the pin hole cameras i made with the children that came to my art workshops many moons ago.Made from old tins and boxes the fun we used to have....my friend  Irene Reddish taught me how to make them. The images had a quality of there own....like something made long ago,,,soft focus  as if they had jumped into the present from the past!



she ran workshops for adults and  used pin hole cameras of ton, it takes me back to  the smell of the darkroom!!


When every thing was done by hand,,,developing the negatives, printing, and  hand tinting......



brilliant times......last  time i heard from Reddish shed sold her precious Lecia camera and stepped into the world of Photo shop





She sent me some of her images and true to form they were spectacular!




I  cant seem to make that leap I'm hopeless with photo shop even though Ive took a few courses and my eldest son  is a genius!!!




I still long for my Darkroom,,,the magic of watching the image appear before your eyes the excitement of it all!!!I'm so old fashioned and stuck in the past!!

 My first love will always be photography whether its  made with a pinhole camera, a top of  the range one or a little point and press.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book cover

In Bab, studio with Irene Reddish  taking photos for a book cover